Engagement sessions start at $500 and last approximately 1 hour long and typically shot in the later part of the day. Within 2 hours of sunset, the lighting is soft and romantic. Where all the inspiration awaits. We aim to provide you with a relaxed experience that will provide you with some posed (looking at the camera photos) and many very candid images. We direct you within a 'pose'. In a way that will have you interacting with each other. This provides lots of movement, real interactions and expressions. That is where the chemistry shines and creates those natural looking, candid moments.
Come prepared to enjoy your time. We like to have fun with you. Don't feel silly if we ask you to skip through a field or dance to whatever song pops up at the top of my playlist.
Please let us know what vision you have for your engagement session. We are always up for an adventure or something fun. Feel free to ask us to join you at the PNE, a date night in Gas Town, go roller skating in the neon lights, take a hike to your favourite lookout, or a helicopter to the top of the world. We love to kick off our shoes at the beach and get wet, or have our hair tussled in the wind. Whatever you'd like, let's do it!
We cannot wait to work with you!
Choosing a Location!
Nearly any location can be romantic and fun. Especially with great outfits, awesome lighting and an incredible couple.
A forest scene is always very enchanting. The beach is amazing the hour before sunset. The simplicity of a single weeping willow tree couldn't be more perfect. Sweep her off her feet up to the mountain tops with a Helicopter Session or keep it simple with a long grassy field or an old character apple tree. A mountainous setting out at Pitt Lake is a beautiful option as well. Where ever you decide, remember the scene is meant to compliment the couple. We don't want it to be the main focus to your session. Capturing your love for one another is our top priority.
Let us know what your vision is and we can suggest some locations within the lower mainland. Or feel free to choose a location that is near and dear to you as a couple.
Helicopter Engagement Sessions:
We have partnered with Sky Helicopters to offer engagement sessions on Top of the World.
Heli Photography package: $1500 ($1000 for bride/grooms whom have booked their wedding with Cedar & Sand)
1 hour experience. Includes a half hour REMOTE LANDING on the mountain tops. Where we'll shoot your engagement photos with a panorama of the coast mountain range. Also includes an unlimited number of high resolution, retouched digital images. (approx 70-100)
Departs: SKY Hanger / Pitt Meadows Airport
Add Video to your Session for an additional $600 ($300 for bride/grooms whom have booked their wedding with Cedar & Sand)
Campbell Valley Engagement
PLAN A SURPRISE PROPOSAL!!!
WHAT TO WEAR
We like your engagement session to be fun and romantic. Selecting clothing that is semi formal is ideal. We'd like to you look like you're going on a lovely date night. Although still flowy and fun; like a long dress that will catch in the wind. Little touches like a floppy hat or flower crown are a cute addition as well.
You'd like your clothing to compliment yourselves and the session; not take away from it. If your clothing is noticeable or overbearing, it could easily become a distraction. Clothing that does not attract attention to itself is the ultimate goal. It could be the difference between a very successful engagement photo and just another picture.
Consider the following:
- We like to see you dressed up a bit. Makes for a more romantic session for engagements. Something semi-formal, yet simple and coordinating.
- Carefully select each of your outfits. Be sure not to blend the bodies together.
- Avoid loud or busy patterns. Solid colors are best. Prints and patterns are ok. Only if they are subtle. Logos are a definite NO.
- First, decide whether the basic tone of the clothing will be warm-toned (browns, etc.) or cool-toned (blues/grays/blacks, etc.)
- Keeping each person in similar colors focuses the attention of the portrait to the faces and individuals that make up the portrait. Dissimilar colors in groups tend to be more distracting.
- Lighter dresses and shirts on top are more bright and look beautifully fresh. Pastels are also appealing because they enhance natural skin tones.
- A dark coloured theme is discouraged. Black or other dark shirts on top give the portraits a more serious feel. Although a bit of dark within your clothing selection adds a bit of contrast. Feel free to wear your favourite dark wash jeans.
-High Heels are not recommended. As we'd like you to be comfortable. Depending on location, wedges may be manageable.
Tip: Lay out all the clothing onto a bed. Shoes, socks, stockings – everything should be included…shoes, too! Then, take a careful look at the collection. If your eye goes to any one item in particular, you can be certain that the same thing will happen in a photograph. That item should be changed. Clothing should not be too tight or too loose.